2017-18 Research Programme: Building Future Automotive
Date: December 13, 2016
Tags: New vehicles, Used vehicles, Parts, Aftersales, Automotive regulation, Dealers, Channel strategy, Customer insight, Mobility trends
(This document is also available in French HERE)
DELIVERING RESEARCH AND INSIGHT TO SUPPORT AUTOMOTIVE RETAIL AND AFTERSALES TRANSFORMATION
ICDP 2017-2018 European programme outline
The pace of innovation and change in the automotive retail and aftersales sector is accelerating
- The customer journey is being transformed by digital channels
- New in-car technologies, especially electrification, connectivity, and the prospect of autonomous driving, are changing the nature of the product and its aftersales needs
- Urbanisation, integrated transport planning, flexible finance, and the sharing economy are challenging the traditional notion of individual car ‘ownership’
- New outlet formats, online platforms, and third party ‘disruptors’ are undermining usual dealer revenue sources and contributing to a shift in their role
- The retention battle between franchised and independent aftermarket players is building against a backdrop of declining demand
- Spare parts distribution channels are continuing to consolidate in both the OEM and independent worlds.
In the emerging omni-channel environment, success, or even survival, will depend on players making the correct strategic response
- Understanding the nature and implications of trends and changes observable both within and outside the automotive sector
- Assimilating research and data to explore strategic scenarios and options
- Building an integrated vision of the future, and a plan for implementation and transition.
ICDP’s collaborative research programme provides an authoritative and trusted view, and the tools to help the sector face change
- For over 20 years, ICDP has been a thought leader in how the automotive sales and aftersales model can be transformed to deliver benefits to the industry and its customers
- We deliver in-depth research-backed actionable insight into the future prospects for the sector and what this means for the different players operating within it
- Participation in ICDP’s programme is an investment in your future – the operating investments and revenue risks facing businesses are many times the scale of our membership fees.
Please follow the download link on the right to download our full programme outline "Building Future Automotive".
Click Login and get this publication.
Executive Briefing Chinese Independent Repairers
This briefing entitled "Chinese Independent Repairers: In the game, ready for battle" is an extract from the repairer survey presented to our ICDP China members.Read more »
ICDP Spring Meeting 2017 Presentations Day 2
Our Spring Meeting 2017 was held at the D'Ieteren Gallery in Brussels on 14th and 15th March - the presentations shown on day two are now available for members to download.Read more »